Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Error Code [08001]

lynnaberry
7 - Meteor
I keep getting this error code when I try to open a server to download data. I didn't know if it was an issue I could resolve in Alteryx or if anyone know what may be causing it? I often get this error message and I have contacted our technical support and they could not figure out what is causing the error message. Usually I am able to get in the next day or within a few hours, but I have not been able to access the data for several days.
6 REPLIES 6
ChrisTX
15 - Aurora

Just a guess....

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Unable-to-Schedule-a-Workflow-on-Serve...
The issue was due to DNS server not resolving the SQL server IP.

lynnaberry
7 - Meteor
Thank you! I did see that thread before I posted, but I do not understand what that means?
ChrisTX
15 - Aurora

Your IT department will understand

for example....DNS ww.google.com converts to IP address 172.217.14.164

lynnaberry
7 - Meteor
Ok thank you very much!
shevshenko
7 - Meteor

Did you ever get resolved this Issue Error Code [08001], Not sure of specific actions or what changes need to be done to the server? 

shevshenko
7 - Meteor

UPDATE: I engaged the IT team in my company and shared some comments about the root cause, stating something like this:

-what caused issue to occur: Issue started after server was rebooted and was caused by security policy applied to the system

- Next Action: Reported user’s and team to raise a security exception as suggested by team to prevent this incident from reoccurring.  So, basically it seems a company policy applied to our servers that is causing this error.

Labels