Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Email tool display # of rows written

ejohn2214
5 - Atom

I have a job that writes data using an output. Upon completion of the workflow I have it set to send an email from the events. Is there a way to include in that email only the number of rows that were written in the output? All I want the email to say is "xx number of rows were written".

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Claje
14 - Magnetar

Hi,

Instead of using the Email event, you can set up a Block Until Done tool before your output.  Connect your Output Data tool to the "1" outgoing connection.  Then, connect a Count Records tool to the "2" outgoing connection, and connect an Email tool to this.  You may want to use a Formula tool to create your email.

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

In the workflow configuration, you can set up an event to send an email upon workflow completion. That email will include the results log in the body by default (referenced as "%OutputLog%"). The output log will include the information for "xx number of rows were written", but it cannot be filtered to only show this information.

EmailEventLog.png

Event Email Log Output.png

raghusrealm
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I am just curious if you have a answer to your question. How to get email tool to display # of rows written in the body of the email.

If you could share the workflow that would be very helpful.

thanks

Raghu

Labels