Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Email Tool - No Sender Receipt Showing Up in Outlook

mc_wallendjack
8 - Asteroid

Hi Everyone, 

When utilizing the Email Tool in a workflow, does anyone know if it is possible to see that that same Email in the Sent Folder of Outlook?

Currently it does not show that the email was sent. 

Thank you for your help.

3 REPLIES 3
kat
12 - Quasar

Hi @mc_wallendjack

I'm assuming you're referring to sending email notifications for workflows here, right?

You're not actually sending the emails from your account, so it won't show in your email. You could technically type in any email alias there and it would work. I for example use alteryx.errors@mycompany.com. This can actually be quite useful in making the emails more noticeable to users.

If you send one to yourself, you'll see that it shows the email address rather than the contact name.

Hope this helps

Kat

mc_wallendjack
8 - Asteroid

Hi Kat, 

Thank you for the quick response. That is helpful!

Yup I was referencing sending emails in a workflow via the Email Tool. 

I didn't know that when using that Tool that you aren't actually sending emails out from your Outlook account ( or whatever service you use). 

Thank you again. 

AnnieLever
5 - Atom

Hello,

Did you ever find a way to get around this? I need to automate emails and am legally required to get received receipts from outlook for all emails I send. 

Thanks!

Labels