Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamically Plotting Multiple Functions Separately

ahmedalra
7 - Meteor

I have multiple functions that I would like plot separately. In the attached example there are only three functions and I was able to separate them using multiple filters. How do I dynamically separate them since it is not always the case that I have only three functions. Sometimes there are thousands of them.

5 REPLIES 5
mmenth
11 - Bolide

Hi @ahmedalra,

I would recommend converting this workflow to a batch macro. A batch macro essentially works like a for-loop, so it will be able to handle as many scenarios as you need. I've converted your workflow for you here to a batch macro, and have a separate workflow to test the macro. Let me know if this solves your issue!

Best,

mmenth

mmenth
11 - Bolide

For some reason it wouldn't let me attach the macro.. I've zipped the workflow so it should include the macro in this. If you open this workflow and right-click the macro tool (it's a blank circle) you can open the macro to view it.

ahmedalra
7 - Meteor

This works perfectly. Thanks a lot I really appreciate it.

ahmedalra
7 - Meteor

Is there any way to make all plots in one plot as multiple layers, and perhaps each one would have a different color?

mmenth
11 - Bolide

Technically it is possible with the interactive chart tool in Alteryx, but you would need to create a layer for each function and pick the color, there is not a way to simply group by function and have Atleryx select colors. If you want to avoid this manually step (since you were going to have potentially many functions, right?) I suggest using the R tool to create an R chart, or output just the data (and not the report) to make charts in another program.

Labels