Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamic Sumif

grsomer
8 - Asteroid

Hi! 

I am trying to build a "Master File" of sorts that creates multiple sumifs on previous data in the workflow. The sumif is dynamic, so it uses different criteria in each row. For example, row 1's formula is: =SUMIFS(Table_3!D:D,Table_3!B:B,"USD",Table_3!F:F,"C119",Table_3!G:G,"1010") and row 2's formula is: =SUMIFS(Table_3!D:D,Table_3!B:B,"USD",Table_3!F:F,"C119",Table_3!G:G,"1300") . 

I am wondering if this is possible to do in Alteryx? I know that the Summarize tool will basically function as a sumif, but I am not sure if it will work as a dynamic sumif. 

Any help or suggestions are appreciated! Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
ashishkhurana
7 - Meteor

Please attach the excel file with the input and the expected output. You can scrub your data with any dummy data to avoid any confidentiality issues. 

grsomer
8 - Asteroid

@ashishkhurana 

Hope this helps - I am not able to share the actual data due to confidentiality. 

Capture.PNGCapture2.PNG

The formula in the first row of the Total column is: =SUMIF(A2:A13, "A", B2:B13) , the second row is: =SUMIF(A2:A13, "B", B2:B13) , the third row is: =SUMIF(A2:A13,"C",B2:B13) , and so on. 

ashishkhurana
7 - Meteor

You can use "Summarize" tool to perform this operation- Group by input column and find the sum of "value" column.

I have attached the screenshot and the workflow file

1.PNG

Hope this helps.

Please give a star on my post to appreciate my time and efforts

Labels