Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamic Input isnt Replacing text in SQL

ctpiccone
7 - Meteor

I am trying to make my workflow more dynamic by asking the user certain dates when the workflow starts, then updating the SQL query accordingly. Attached is the configurations for the dynamic input and the text input. 

Here is the SQL code I want to change:

...And (IRDB.EARNED_INCOME_IFM.STARTING_DATE) = Date '[Prior Year End]' And (IRDB.EARNED_INCOME_IFM.ENDING_DATE) = Date '[Reporting Date]' Group By... 

However, each time I try to run it, I get the error seen in the photos. What am i doing wrong, and why wont it replace the text I want it to? I have tried the update where clause option too, but no change there either, I have also tried to make the import be a date instead of a string, but no progress.

2 REPLIES 2
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @ctpiccone ,

Since your dates needs to be between quotes, maybe your problem is inside your action tool configuration.

You need to replace only the date and leave the quotes there.

fmvizcaino_0-1593113086273.png

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

ctpiccone
7 - Meteor

I think I was able to figure it out! I had to take the quotes away from the dates in the text input, and in the replace box I had to be sure not to include quotes there either. Although, I did have to have quotes around the string to replace in the SQL code. Thanks for the help!

Labels