Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamic Filter based on date from another output

krishnagandhi
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

So i have some data where i need a filter to only include dates that occur after the beginning of the month. Basically i have an output that gives me a date and i need to filter my data from the beginning of that month.

krishnagandhi_0-1594226306106.png

So the above is my data, the final field is the one i need to filter. Below is the output where it gives me a data, but i need to only keep values that are  greater than or equal to the beginning of June 2020.

krishnagandhi_1-1594226362453.png

Not sure if this is possible to automate but it would help immensely from having to do a manual filter each time i run my workflow. in the above scenario i would only retain the first 2 records as the 3 record occurs in March.

I have attached both data inputs into a workflow below.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Blake
12 - Quasar

Hey @krishnagandhi - you could use a custom filter with the following expression to only get dates that started at the beginning of the current month : [Min_WorkDate] > DateTimeFirstOfMonth() 

Do you need to have records from the beginning of the prior month, as your example shows? If so, you could use the following : [Min_WorkDate] > DateTimeAdd(DateTimeFirstOfMonth(), -1, "months")

See the attached for an example of the filter. 

Blake_0-1594232582344.png

krishnagandhi
8 - Asteroid

This doesn't quite work because the date is dependent on the output of in Mode CCC Workdate. In this instance it is June so i need anything after June 1st but i also have historical runs so that is why this solution will not always work.

krishnagandhi
8 - Asteroid

Thanks that spurred a solution in my head as follows in case anyone else needs it:

krishnagandhi_0-1594238159053.png

Labels