Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Duplicates from two different datasets

jped
6 - Meteoroid

I am looking to flag duplicates but only if they are duplicates from different data sources. In the example below, there are duplicate values in Dataset 1 (50) and duplicate values in dataset 2 (45) that I don't want. The duplicates I care about would be the 40 that appears in dataset 1 and dataset 2. How would I set up 2 datasets to pull only the duplicated values only if they appear in the other dataset.

Dataset 1Dataset 2

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
NicoleJohnson
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

If you join the two datasets together on the field where you are looking for duplicates, the (J) Join branch in the middle should give you a list of values that are duplicated between the two datasets.

Keep in mind that if you had 40 duplicated in Dataset 1, and then it shows up one time in Dataset 2, you would end up with two records in the Join branch - 1 for the first record in Dataset 1 that matched the 40 in Dataset 2... and another for the second record in Dataset 1 that also matched the 40 in Dataset 2. Just something to be aware of while you are finding matches. :)

Hope that helps!

NJ

jped
6 - Meteoroid

That is what i was looking for- thank you!

Labels