Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Download report from website

raghusrealm
8 - Asteroid

Can anyone help out to download a report from a website.

here is the link to the website - https://340bopais.hrsa.gov/Reports

Below are the steps that needs to be executed to download the report

1. Once the above link open, click on "Daily Reports" and a dropdown list of report will show

2. Click on "Covered Entity Daily Report" to download the report

3. Save the output file to desktop

Appreciate if anyone can help out on this one.

thanks in advance.

Regards,
Raghu

14 REPLIES 14
LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

Hey @raghusrealm 

Sometimes you see posts like this and you think "this should be easy", then you look at the website and you think "this is impossible"....then you find yourself 4 hours later thinking "I may have actually solved this one"

I took a while, several experiments with postman but I've finally done it!!

Capture.JPG

I'm sure no one will care much but for me this was a pretty impressive piece of work

Greg_Murray
12 - Quasar

@LordNeilLord Nicely done! 

NicholasM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@LordNeilLord , Very impressive work. You're a stronger man than I am, gave up after an hour. 

raghusrealm
8 - Asteroid

@LordNeilLord  Thanks a ton for this. Awesome work!!! Take a bow buddy.

raghusrealm
8 - Asteroid

@LordNeilLord 

There has been a further development on the workflow you shared.

As per your workflow, the output file is getting saved on my desktop (which was my earlier requirement).

Now, I want to save the file to a restricted folder location on a shared drive. I changed the file path in the formula tool to the restricted folder and I was able to successfully download the file to the restricted folder when I run the workflow from Designer.

I published the workflow to Alteryx Gallery and also given the user access credentials to access the restricted folder. But, when I ran the workflow and I am getting an error for the download tool (Error transferring data: Couldn't resolve host name).

Any thoughts?

raghusrealm
8 - Asteroid

@LordNeilLord 

How do I view the downloaded excel data in the same workflow? Appreciate if you could help out on this.

Regards,

Raghu

LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

Hey @raghusrealm 

You should be able to use a dynamic input tool to read the data straight back into the workflow

raghusrealm
8 - Asteroid

@LordNeilLord 

I tried doing that but I was not able to succeed. Can you help in adding that piece to your earlier workflow and send it?

Regards,
Raghu

LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

There is something strange with this file as Alteryx can't read the data back in!

It seems to write fine and I can open it in Excel

Labels