Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Download from SFTP

Caleb
7 - Meteor

All,

I'm trying to determine if Alteryx can download files from an SFTP site. 

I've been searching the community and I came across this for download from FTP: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Knowledge-Base/File-Transfer-Protocol-FTP-Download/ta-p/105...

Can I use this setup for SFTP as well? If not, is there a way to download from SFTP using Alteryx?

Lastly, if it is possible, can pull all files in the directory using \*.csv (as can be done with the Directory tool) or is a specific path required?

I saw a thread from 2015 talking about inability to upload to SFTP, not sure if that also meant download was also not possible at the time of writing.

Thank you in advance!

18 REPLIES 18
nimeshkhatri
7 - Meteor

In my case, it was an additional IP white-listing that was needed.

LalithaSai
5 - Atom

can you please share the workflow.

Thanks in advance!

jsant96
5 - Atom

How would this work if you're trying to download a zipped folder and downloading the different files in the zipped folder?

JustinD
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi
From a server administrators perspective you would either need to call the actions to unzip the archive on the server and remove the files needed or to pull the archive local and call outside apps/workflows processes to unzip and move the files to where needed.

As of current, I'm not aware of a way to do what your speaking of in a single step.
If your ftp user and server supported zip/unzip commands, it is likely possible, but with my knowledge level unless the original archive was too large to reasonable move local, that would be my suggestion for ease of use and repeatability.

Justin

satyaananth143
5 - Atom

Can you share the workflow, if you have it by any chance?

satyaananth143
5 - Atom

Finally, after multiple attempts now I'm able to download the files from SFTP😊

aehrenwo
11 - Bolide

I don't see where to download the functional workflow 

brperkins2
6 - Meteoroid

What is all the RegEx code? Can you please post the entire regex code that was used?

KaustubhMahesh
5 - Atom

I've tried this but it is not reading the data, can anyone share the workflow ? 

Labels