Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Download Tool - Updating Connection Credentials

TiwariVaishali
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

I am trying to configure the download tool to use the Username and Password stored as default in a Text box tool, as i do not want to update each download tool in the workflow when there is a password change. 

The workflow runs fine when i run as an Analytic app (takes username and password from the question box)

However, when i run as macro , the download tool does not take the default value from the text boxes.

Any idea why ? Or any workaround  available to store credentials in one place to update all download tools in a macro ? 

Thanks in advance 🙂 

Please note - the download tool below has empty username/Password  under "Connection"

TiwariVaishali_0-1597100425635.png

2 REPLIES 2
DavidSta
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @TiwariVaishali,

the described behaviour is like it's intended to be. If you want to make use of the default values in the Interface Tools you have to execute it as an Analytical App. If you don't use the App then the values stored inside the tools are used.

If there is no special reason not running as an App I'd recommend to do so.

Possible Workaround:

As it looks like the security topic might be not that significant for you, you could use an external file where the credentials are stored. Just use a File Input and Append these values to your existing data stream to use them later in the workflow.

Best regards,

David

TiwariVaishali
8 - Asteroid

thanks David ! I just  realized this "If you don't use the App then the values stored inside the tools are used." 🙂 

Labels