Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Display number of records in results window

sameerdoda
5 - Atom

Hi

I recently updated the Alteryx installation and I am facing the following two challenges :

1. Prior to the update, clicking on an input or output anchor gave the no. of records in the results window. However, this information is missing now. Is there any way I can bring it back ?

2. The summarize tool is now appending "Group_by" for group by functionality. Is there a way to customize the tool to change this behavior ?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
neilgallen
12 - Quasar

@sameerdoda 

1 - likely your window is just not big enough to show the results. As things get added they're struggling to find real estate. Try resizing your window to see if this helps. If not, I'd contact support.

2 - This is a known error and alteryx has said they intend to change this back to original functionality in an upcoming update, but the date of this is unknown.  You can see any notes on that here

sameerdoda
5 - Atom

Thanks @neilgallen . 

Resizing the window worked for the 1st problem. Will wait for the update for the product team to resolve the second issue.

rmwillis1973
8 - Asteroid

I have the same problem when using my laptop.  I have to put a record count tool or a browses everywhere, which is a REAL PAIN.

Re-sizing it doesn't solve problem.

I don't know about whatever new stuff they have put into the view, but this is a mistake removing this functionality.

cberry017
5 - Atom

I am also experiencing the same issue where I no longer see the record information in the results pane. I've tried resizing and cannot get it to return.

Labels