Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Display data from multiple rows to one row

Chirag_Gandhi07
8 - Asteroid

Hi everyone,

I have attached an example where there are two separate records for user with email test1@test.com. I want to only have that user appear once in my output. How do I make it so that test1@test.com displays SW 1 and SW 3 on the same row? Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thank you

20 REPLIES 20
Chirag_Gandhi07
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Kenda

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @Chirag_Gandhi07

I added the workflow I provided earlier to the end of yours and it seemed to have the expected output. Could you please explain what is wrong with this and what you are looking for to be different?

1.PNG

Chirag_Gandhi07
8 - Asteroid

@Kenda Maybe I did it wrong. Unfortunately, I can't see the workflow you provided because you are using a different version

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

@Chirag_Gandhi07

Were you able to open any of the other ones I have posted?

Anyway, once you download the workflow, right click on the file and select to Edit with Notebook ++

1.PNG

Once you've opened it in Notepad ++, you can manually change 2018.1 in line 2 of the code to whatever version of Alteryx you are using. Save the document then try reopening the workflow and it should be good to go.

2.PNG

jwalder
10 - Fireball

@Chirag_Gandhi07 In looking at your example workflow....uncheck "RecordID" as a Group By column in the Cross Tab tool, leaving just Email. Run it that way, does it not give the output you desire?

Chirag_Gandhi07
8 - Asteroid

@Kenda It sill wasn't able to open. I changed 2018.1 to 11.0.6.28907

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

@Chirag_Gandhi07 Try just 11.0

Chirag_Gandhi07
8 - Asteroid

@Kenda Did you create this model off the one I sent because when I download the file, it shows the workflow for the first one you sent.

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula
Chirag_Gandhi07
8 - Asteroid

Thank you @Kenda @jwalder for your help! Really appreciate it!

Labels