Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Directory Tool - Alteryx Designer 2019.3

bsolove
8 - Asteroid

I just upgraded to Alteryx Designer 2019.3.  Previously there was an option on the left side of the configuration window for the Directory tool to attach files so that when a workflow was packaged and sent to someone else, the files would be in a folder when the next user unpackaged the workflow.  Does anyone know the replacement for that functionality?

I tried packaging the workflow and opening it again and the files were missing/received errors.  Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
marcusblackhill
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Hi @bsolove !

I don't if I understand right, but you can attach files to your workflow doing this steps:

1. Select Option;

marcusmontenegro_0-1594220487824.png

2.Select Edit User Settings;

marcusmontenegro_1-1594220531609.png

3. In advanced tab, you need to check "display asset management in properties windows" and save;

marcusmontenegro_2-1594220576851.png

4.Now will appear that box icon in the tool configuration where you can add files to go with your workflow.

marcusmontenegro_3-1594220635175.png

Let me know if that helped you 🙂

echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

This functionality still exists, you just need to export the workflow.

In Designer, go to Options > Export Workflow. Ensure each of the input files is checked. This will create a .yxzp file. When someone goes to open the file, it will ask to import the file and will create the folders containing the inputs.

echuong1_0-1594223227920.png

Let me know if this helps!

Labels