Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Different schema to first file in set

Cian_99
6 - Meteoroid

I am currently trying to bring a number of files together through an alteryx flow. The files are all alteryx database files(.yxdb) which are being converted into a tableau file (.hyper). The issue I am experiencing is that one of the files is being skipped by the flow as it has a different schema to the rest of the set. I do not understand how this could be as all of these files have been run through a different alteryx workflow which means they have all the same columns, field sizes, field types etc. Has anyone experienced something similar or know how to fix this?

6 REPLIES 6
afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @Cian_99 ,

This usually happens with string values. If you have some of your coulmns with given special characters (nordisk ones for example) this may be the issue. Try setting the columns to v_wString before the output writing to yxdb and see what happens.

This may be the problem, if not we can keep checking

Regards

joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

You still need to check them. Check to ensure the columns all match. If you are getting that error then it's very likely that one doesn't match 100%. What happens a lot is that the "Unknown" field is still selected and therefore allows other columns to get through that mess up the alignment of columns. 

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks
Cian_99
6 - Meteoroid

I made this change to the first workflow, yet it made no difference after running all the files again. Still same problem unfortunately. 

Cian_99
6 - Meteoroid

Unknown field was unchecked, and I have compared columns and they are identical 

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Could you please humor me and create a small workflow with one yxdb that works and the one which doesnt. After them add a field info tool and compare all columns (use a join tool by position) and show us an image with the output. There should be a difference between them.

Regards

Cian_99
6 - Meteoroid

I took your advice and one field type turned out to be different even after the flow had ran. I have fixed the error and it now runs. Thank you both very much!

Labels