Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Detour Tool Problem

pcatterson
11 - Bolide

I am working on a macro.  I created a detour that is conditioned on whether you fill in a text box.  If the textbox is blank, it is supposed to detour and not perform that step.  When I fill in the textbox normally, it should perform the step and continue on, but when the first character within the textbox is "t", "T" or "1", then it flips to the detour erroneously.  I believe it is because these characters refer to True in a boolean sense and override the condition placed on the detour.

Has anyone come across this before or have any solutions to this problem?

4 REPLIES 4
patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I would suggest 2 changes on the action tool connected to the detour tool to correct the issue. This is how i normally set these up:

1) On the action type dropdown, change it to update value with formula.

2) In the formual box on the bottom, type in: regex_replace([Destination],".*","False")

The way you had it setup, it was changing the False to whatever item you typed in. As you pointed out, when it was a number or word starting with t, it was then evaluating that as True and detouring. For everything else, it was evaluating it as false. With my method, you're replacing the whole value (whether it's true or false) with the False so that it can be properly evaluated. Hope that helps!

pcatterson
11 - Bolide

This doesn't fix the problem.  When your formula is applied it never bypasses the steps.  If there is nothing in the textbox, I want it to go right.  This always sends it left regardless.

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Sorry, you should also check the box in the detour tool to be detour to the right. That should fix the problem. I've attached a quick sample.

pcatterson
11 - Bolide

Thanks!

Labels