Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Delete files through sftp

Kakelad
7 - Meteor

Hello analytics far and wide!
Today I present you with a problem, where we have a workflow in designer. The workflow is amongst other things supposed to fetch a certain file from our Linux server through SFTP. The connection works fine and the file uploads&downloads are successful.

However, when we try to delete the aforementioned file from the server, we are at an impasse. The HTTP -action DELETE does nothing at all and neither does giving the custom -action any of the typical Linux commands.
As the situation is quite difficult to describe, I will add a bunch of footage to boot.

Any tips how to successfully delete the file or what commands to run on the custom action?

Thank you kindly for any insight

12 REPLIES 12
icerna
5 - Atom

I'm receiving several errors after I edited the FTP, USER, PW. Do I need to edit everything in this code or just a specific section. 

ericvpeterman
5 - Atom

The portion of this workflow handling the delete is using ftplib, which seems to be designed for use with ?FTP. Google and other posts tell me ftp and sftp are different animals; a library specifically for ftp won't work for sftp. That said, I'm getting an error from the step attempting to change the working directory.  Has anyone successfully interacted with an sftp host using ftplib?  I know sftp libraries exist.  Has anyone had any luck installing or importing them using the python tool?

Shaaz
9 - Comet

How to capture the file information from a particular folder under SFTP.

Labels