Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Day and Month Date Time Conversion

CDF234557
7 - Meteor

How can I convert the below data to the corresponding dates ??? 

E.g. For April: Thursday, I want the output to be: 

04/02/2020

04/09/2020

04/16/2020

04/23/2020

04/30/2020

February:WednesdayThursday
March:SundaySaturday
October:SundayThursday
April:Thursday
December:Saturday
February:MondayThursday
June:TuesdayThursday
March:SundayTuesdaySaturday
4 REPLIES 4
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@CDF234557 ,

I've accepted your challenge and created a workflow for you.  In it we assume 2020 for all dates.

capture.png

You'll need to extract the package and use my new CReW macro (used to generate all days in 2020).

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @CDF234557 

I went about this by first parsing out your input into individual requests to be solved. This way, "February:WednesdayThursday" becomes "February:Wednesday" and "February:Thursday". Next I go about returning the list for each request/record.

I used a Generate Rows tool to produce the list of all days in the current year one time. Then I assigned the month and day of week titles to each date. Once this list was prepared, I joined the records that matched on month and day of week. A little formatting and output was all that was left to wrap this up.

20200211-MonthDaysOfWeekList.png

Check out the attached workflow and let me know if that works for you.

AlteryxUserFL
11 - Bolide

Hello, 

I'm not 100% sure what you are tying to do so I built a flow that will convert from days to dates and to dates to days. That should be an exact match or close to what you are trying to do. 

CDF234557
7 - Meteor

This is great, thanks so much!

Labels