Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

DateTimeToday() 2020-05-18

Pascal_R
8 - Asteroid

Hi all,

Is there a frormula or a way to have the date format like 18.05.2020 instead of 2020-05-18?

Thank you for your help.

Pascal

12 REPLIES 12
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Pascal_R I mocked up a workflow you can use the dateformat function to format a date to whatever you need it to be however it will have to be a string field in alteryx as it only recognises dates in the format YYYY-MM-DD as a true date format. 

Pascal_R
8 - Asteroid

Thank you  

For calculate the difference between Dates I have to use the  format YYYY-MM-DD as string field?

I like to calculate the "expire date - actual date" = difference in days...

Regards,

Pascal

RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @Pascal_R ,

to calculate the difference between dates you have to convert the date to a Date (or Datetime) datatype using DateTimeParse([DateField], '%d.%m.%Y') if your date has the format dd.mm.yyyy. The function DateTimeDiff([LastDate], [FirstDate], 'days') will return the difference in days.

Let me know if it works for you.

Best,

Roland

Pascal_R
8 - Asteroid

Hi RolandSchubert,

I converted now the actual date and the SLED/BBD to Datetime but as you can see on the screenshot there is something not working with "days" on the difference formula... do you see what Needs to be changed?

Regards,

Pascal

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Pascal_R 

Your actual date is not in a datetime format alteryx need its to be in YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS if you use datetimenow() those formulas should work so long as SLED/BBD is in the correct format. Datetimediff needs the dates to be in the correct format in alteyrx to work I have mocked up a workflow to showcase this.

Pascal_R
8 - Asteroid

Thank you so much

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Pascal_R I revised the workflow what I would say is ensure your dates are in the correct date format in alteryx as this is the only way datetime functions work correctly hence why you are seeing blanks. Would it be possible to provide a sample of your date or even mock data with your workflow ?  

Pascal_R
8 - Asteroid

Thank you again

I have now an ouput but the numbes are not negativ, please see attached the formula I have in Excel vs. the Output out of Alteryx.

Somehow we need to tweek that as well right?

Regards,

Pascal

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Pascal_R I produced a workflow that produces the output in your excel.

Labels