Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

DateTime Functions: Identify Time Within Set Parameters

jessfarthing
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I currently have to identify hours worked between 2 times of day from a very large set of timesheet data and in a few different iterations.  I wanted to ask what the most efficient ) way to write the relevant Date/Time expression that would capture the hours associated with the following criteria:

Hours worked on a weekday prior to 7am and finishing after 9pm

Hours worked on a Saturday prior to 7am and finishing after 6pm

Hours worked on a Sunday prior to 9am and finishing after 6pm

While it seems a bit simple prima facie,  I have to write over 50 Date/Time criteria, all in a similar fashion, hence wanting to ensure its the most optimised so I can potentially macro this later.  Additionally, is there any way to write this that does not involve appending the time ranges above to each timesheet entry?

Sample data is attached.

3 REPLIES 3
DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Is it something like this you're looking for?

DavidP_0-1594104335631.png

RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @jessfarthing ,

you could use a list of categories (day of week class, start and end time), join it to your data and filter the rows fullfilling the criteria.
I've attached a sample workflow. What do you think?

Best,

Roland

jessfarthing
6 - Meteoroid

Hi!

What's missing from this is summing the hours that fall within the parameters (i.e. how many hours were before 7am or after 9p?)

Labels