Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Date Time output data - Excel

wfburns
5 - Atom

Hi,

I'm trying to write out a file name for an excel report using the formula tool make a dynamic date like this:

"C:\reports\Final_Report_" + DateTimeFormat(datetimenow(), "%Y%m%d_%H%M") + ".xlsx|||Sheet1"

In the Output Data I'm using Take File/Table Name from field and Changing the entire file path.  However, when it writes out the file, I get two excel files with the data split between them, with file names 1 minute apart. 

I have a few containers combined with a union then the formula and the Output data step.  Is there a step I'm missing so that it outputs to only 1 file?  

2 REPLIES 2
Dynamomo
11 - Bolide

Sounds like it takes the formula tool over a minute to get all of the data through it...and that's why you get two files, which are a minute apart.  i would try putting a block until done tool just before your formula tool so that the data is pushed through this tool all at once and hopefully it takes less than a minute to update with the hour and minute.  

wfburns
5 - Atom

That worked, thank you!

Labels