Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Database connection resulting in multiple output files

MistyClark05
7 - Meteor

I have a workflow that has multiple outputs, all writing to the same file on the different sheets. The input has always been an excel file. I recently connected to the database and have several action tools to pull in the correct data in the workflow, and I am getting the correct data, except the workflow is now outputting multiple copies of the output file. It still has the multiple sheets I need, but I have to go through and deselected the extra files. I only need one output file with the multiple sheets. Any recommendations?

MistyClark05_1-1590773323970.png

2 REPLIES 2
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @MistyClark05 

Is the issue that the file is written incorrectly, or that it is listed multiple times in the "App Results" window? The App Results window only uses the file name (not sheet name) to determine what to show, if all those tools are writing different sheets in the same file, it will have 5 links t to the same file.

You can control which files are shows in the App Results window. Open the app in Designer and open the Interface Designer window (Ctrl+Alt+D) then click on Properties (the wrench icon). There's a section there called "On Success - Show Results to User". Configure these checkboxes so that only one link to that file is shown in the "App Results" window when the app is finished running. I think this would clear things up for the user. 

20200529-AppResults.PNG

MistyClark05
7 - Meteor

That solved the issue. Thank you.

Labels