Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Data is not loaded to Hive

5 - Atom
Hi,

I am creating a workflow to load data to the Hive data source.
When I run the workflow, table is created in the Hive data source but insert values are not populated.
I am getting below error:

Error: Output Data (6): DataWrap2ODBC::SendBatch: [Simba][Hardy] (80)
Syntax or semantic analysis error thrown in server while executing query. Error message from server:
Error while compiling statement: FAILED: ParseException line

Kindly guide me to sort out this issue.
Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards,
Thiru Murugan U
9 REPLIES 9
lepome
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@24 

Is the error message you posted the complete message?  If you hover over the message in the Results window, you should be able to see the whole message.  Another option would be to right-click in the Results window and save all the messages to a text file.  

Another question is what kind of connection are you making with your hive instance?  If it's an ODBC with a DSN, you can set the DSN to collect trace logs which might shed more light on the situation.

Do you have a paid license for Alteryx?  If so, we could pursue this as a regular Support Case.

Lisa LePome
Principal Support Engineer -- Knowledge Management Coach
Alteryx, Inc.
ntobon
Alteryx
Alteryx

@24 Please try the following: Go to the advanced options of your Hive ODBC connection and turn the parameter "Use Native Query" off. Test it and let us know if it works.

NathanMcCleaf
5 - Atom

I turned this off in my ODBC driver and still get an error:  

NathanMcCleaf_0-1593183406514.png

susan3344
6 - Meteoroid

i have the same error. filed not found in the output record. 

how did you solve this problem? 

Edu_XGomes
7 - Meteor

Hi Dear,

Coul you please help me to get the solve to this issue?

I am facing the same issue and already send to Alteryx support but they didn´t replay me back.

Thanks.

Edu_XGomes
7 - Meteor

Hi

Even with this ODBC configuration the error persists....

thanks.

lepome
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@Edu_XGomes I understand you have resolved your issue.  The Support team is not always able to respond immediately, so posting in Community, as you did, is very often helpful.  To close the loop, would you please post what you've learned so that others can also benefit?

Lisa LePome
Principal Support Engineer -- Knowledge Management Coach
Alteryx, Inc.
ntobon
Alteryx
Alteryx

@lepome  The error that @Edu_XGomes was getting was:

[Cloudera][Hardy] (80) Syntax or semantic analysis error thrown in server while executing query. Error message from server: Error while compiling statement: FAILED: SemanticException Line 1:83 Table not found 'table_name'

He responded and resolved this way: "What I just did was insert a summarize tool because if there were any invalid caracter in column names I would be able to manage them but it was not needed. For now it seems that it is working as weel, after inserting a summarize in-db tool."

Edu_XGomes
7 - Meteor

Hi everyone,

To test it inserting a summarize in-db tool I had created a dummy database with 100,000 records and now It is running in a real DB with  more than 150 millions of records so I´ll back soon to you with updates about it.

Thanks.

Labels