Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Data import from multiple excel file with specific format

LFLee
8 - Asteroid

I've creating a work flow to import data from all the different spreadsheets onto one spreadsheet with specific fields. The files that I'm looking at inputting is as follow: -

Excel 1: the headers of the file that the data from subsequent file should be input to.

Excel 2: Data under first line of the Consolidated column of each individual to be mapped to header (A) in Excel 1, second line of the Consolidated column of each individual to be mapped to FIN no field in Excel 1

Excel 3: Data set with information with the difference between columns,  A and B, and, C and D to be mapped to column G of Excel 1, and column J of Excel 1respectively.

Excel 4: Data set with information with the difference between columns A and B to be mapped to E of Excel 1.

I've tried to union the data in Excel 2 with the respective headers in Excel 1 but is unsuccessful. To illustrate the above, I've attached my workflow and the screenshot of Excel 1 and 3 for reference.

Appreciate if anyone can provide a fix to the workflow? 

22 REPLIES 22
TonyA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

The join tool is trying to join "Personnel Number" to "Personnel no" and it's not seeing "Personnel no"  Now both of the files use the name "Personnel Number". 

LFLee
8 - Asteroid

Hi @TonyA , I've tried to change input 2 to "Personnel no" and run the workflow. However, it is still picking up only one record for the output instead of the 200 records I have on my 2nd input file.

TonyA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

You're going to need to debug the data. If the column names are matching and you are getting some row matches then you're going to need to look at the mismatching values and figure out what is going on. This is not something we can do in an online message thread. You're going to need to find someone local who can help. If you aren't already working with a partner, I would suggest you either find someone within your company or see if the Alteryx sales team assigned to your company can suggest a local partner.

Labels