Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Data Caching

I think it would be really good if we have the option to cache data for few days, as currently cached data gets deleted when you close the workflow.

It’s useful to catch data when developing reports with input data from data warehouses or big data platforms , as sometimes it can takes a while to extract the data.

If we have the option to cache data for few days or delete when it’s not required anymore, it can save a lot of time, the next time when you open the workflow to complete the development or make changes to your workflow.

5 Comments
KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Thank you for submitting your idea to the Alteryx Community!

Your idea looks good to be sent to product once the necessary engagement criteria have been met. If other users have use cases where this would be useful to them as well, our product team always appreciates them to better understand the goals of users when using the feature.

If you haven't yet please be sure to check out our Submission Guidelines, which go over the idea process in greater detail.

Per
11 - Bolide

I agree that this could be very useful make a bit smoother. Currently, I dump large datasets into a seperate .yxdb files(s) and replace the "production" Input tools with these files during development. But some way to automatically achieve this would be appreciated!

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @Gihans - it's an interesting idea - I guess that you'd also then need some kind of housekeeping process so that your machine doesn't get swamped with old cache files.

For example, a window when you start up that says "you have cache files from 7 days ago - do you want to clean up"?

Gihans
7 - Meteor

Hi @SeanAdams ,

It would be good if there is either a pop-up message to remind users to delete old cache files or have the option to configure catching period (e.g 7 days, 30 days ,etc..)  before a workflow or input tool is run.

Also, is it possible to find out the target release date for this functionality, so that I can let the other Alteryx users (in my company) know.

This is a key functionality for us at Optus, and everyone will be thrilled to hear that it will be delivered by Alteryx.

Kind Regards,

Gihan

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes