Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Custom Macro Annotation

When a custom (bespoke for @Chrislove) macro is created, I would like the option to create an annotation that goes along with the tool.  This is entirely cosmetic, but might help users to recognize the macro.

Thanks,

Mark

22 Comments
Luca
8 - Asteroid

Yes, please!

pjohara
5 - Atom

+1 Yes please, great idea!  I'd also love for the custom annotations to be responsive to changes to the macro options chosen by the user.

Atabarezz
13 - Pulsar

+1

pvigneron
7 - Meteor

up!

kaianderson
8 - Asteroid

Yes please!

kurtwz
8 - Asteroid

I want the ability to assign a custom icon to a macro tile.

esar
8 - Asteroid

Yes, please!

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Revisit

Thank you for your feedback! We love the idea of being able to customize annotations for macros to encourage sharing macros. However we cannot place this feature in a near future release at this time. We'd like to revisit this idea though in the future when discussing our next road maps. We'll update this idea again when that occurs and we're better able to speak on if or when this feature can be included.

Buzz
8 - Asteroid

Is there a solution in place now? Otherwise +1

@TonyAdam @bjoernV I guess it would be interessting for you tow as well. 🙂

mst3k
11 - Bolide

4.5 years and counting - hoping I can help bump this one back into visibility  🙂

Seems like a pretty simple addition, and I agree this would be extremely useful to provide a default annotation the same way a regular tool dropped onto the canvas comes with a default annotation