Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

CrossTab more than one Column

dineshp
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I have two incoming inputs which is summarized to get count for one and $ value for another. Is there a way in Alteryx to crosstab two column header at once? The final output i'd want to look like is the last image i formatted in excel.

dineshp_0-1591283744667.pngdineshp_1-1591283763257.png

dineshp_2-1591283980426.png

Thanks!!

6 REPLIES 6
rupali_bhise
8 - Asteroid

Hey @dineshp ,

Could you please add sample data if possible.

Thanks

jacob_kahn
12 - Quasar

My Alteryx is currently uninstalling and updating to the new version, so I can try to respond to you with a table.

If you can first get your data to be union as follows, you can then use a single cross tab tool to summarize your data;

IdentifierNameValue
10001Value100
10002Value200
10001Amount$10
10002Amount$20

You would then add a cross tab tool to follow and make the header names "Name" and the values "Value"

Make sure to click "Sum" in the configuration of the values.

J

dineshp
8 - Asteroid

@rupali_bhise :

Thanks ,I have attached here.

@jacob_kahn :

I tried unioning and following that method but it didn't give me a the format i am looking for. Please check the workflow attached

jacob_kahn
12 - Quasar

I took a stab for you - you have to just change the headings in one of your tables to something different to keep the data separate to a certain extent 🙂 

rupali_bhise
8 - Asteroid

Hey @dineshp , 

I almost achieve this use case, also thank you so much for this type of formatting you asked.

Attaching workflow for your reference, hope it will resolve your problem statement.

Good luck

dineshp
8 - Asteroid

This is brilliant. Thank you!

Labels