Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Cross Tabbing Layout Bug

Carlithian
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

Think I have found a bug with how layouts and cross tabs interact with each other. 

This was first don when I was playing around with the layouts in a much larger workflow, and it crashed the program. I loaded up the same workflow and did it again and again it crashed the program. So I have tried it in a smaller workflow with junk data;

first run it errors out, and after a few reruns I have received the same error

on some of the reruns the workflow didn't error, but I either got all fields empty, one field null and the other two empty etc (some screenshots below)

clipboard_image_0.png

clipboard_image_1.png

clipboard_image_2.png

clipboard_image_3.png

clipboard_image_4.png

4 REPLIES 4
OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi Carlithian, what method of aggregation did you use for your cross tab? If I used 'first/last' rather than concatenate then I didn't get any weirdness with the cross-tab, but using concatenate I just got empty/null cells. Report/layout objects are limited in the aggregations which can apply to them (same as spatial objects)
crosstab.png

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I was curious to see this for myself, but I was unable to replicate the error you described. My workflow Cross-Tab'd the Layout fields as expected and without error. 

Could you share your workflow/data for further testing?

Carlithian
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

Hi Ollie, I was using the concat which is my lazy go to. Great to know the limitations, I'll have to keep that in mind.

Carlithian
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

This is the workflow I built to test the issue

Labels