Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Crew Macros Error Message - Please Advise

rickvan
5 - Atom

I am trying to install the crew macros pack, following their instructions and everything, but i continue to get the following error message: "There were errors: The workflow contains unlicensed tools." (See attached screenshot). Has anyone seen this before or have a solution to the problem? It would be very much appreciated. Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
scottj
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

What version of the Crew Macros are you installing.  Make sure it is the most recent (http://downloads.chaosreignswithin.com/Macros.zip).  I would also try running the app as an administrator.  Right click>run as administrator.  

@MarqueeCrew

Scott Jones
Strategic Sales Engineer
Alteryx, Inc.
rickvan
5 - Atom

Hey Scott -

Thanks for the reply. Turned out to be that I had two different instances of Alteryx installed on my computer: my firm's licensed version 11.7.4, and the free trial version from the Alteryx website that I had to install/use in an emergency situation about a month ago. Once I uninstalled the trial version, the macro pack installed no problem.

Thanks again

scottj
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Great to hear, and makes sense! 

When you have a chance please mark this as solved so others can learn from what you found.  

Scott Jones
Strategic Sales Engineer
Alteryx, Inc.
miang
5 - Atom

Crew Macros aren't working for me anymore either.  Trying to upgrade to 2020.4 version.  Suggestions ? (I checked and only have 1 version installed on the start panel, but how do I know the older versions aren't somewhere else?)

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

When you install the CReW macros, you place two files into:

C:\ProgramData\Alteryx\DataProducts\AddOnData\Macros

They are:  CReW.ini and CReWTest.ini

Inside of these ini (text) files you'll find the location of where you have unzipped the macros along with more data:

[Settings]
DefaultFolder=CReW Macros
MinimumAlteryxVersion=10.0
Path=D:\CReW Macros\Macros

If for some reason, the c:\programdata files are not persistent or if the location of the CReW macro unzip is not persistent, then I would understand why the macros disappear.

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
Labels