Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Creating a Batch Macro to email multiple users different results

ccano
8 - Asteroid

Use Case: 

I have an excel with 2,202 lines.  I need to basically pivot by manager to correlate the users and their corresponding AD Roles. Thus bringing down my count to 139 managers  with 413 users (direct reports). 

I basically want to create a batch macro that will  run daily , take the results I've obtained within my basic table (pivot), and then email that manager hers/his allocated users with their AD roles....taking the email address I have enclosed the excel file (csv), looping each email address into the email tool , until all 139 managers are satisfied. 

In other words, I want to automate the copying and pasting of emails from the excel, in order to send out the unique emails out to each manager ....separately. 

I've tried building some batch macro's based off of some YouTube research and reliable Wiki-Pedia..... but No puedo.... 

ccano_0-1576144080458.png

2 REPLIES 2
LukeM

Hi @ccano 

I'm not sure you need a batch macro for this.

The email tool will send an email to every row/email address you have in your data. So if you create the body of the email with the reporting tool set, grouping by each manager's email address, then the email tool will essentially batch process this and send an email out for each row.

I hope that makes sense, essentially you want you data in a format that has a row for every email you want to send. This row will contain information like To: email and Body: reporting snippet. And then you can configure the email tool to fire these emails off.

Let me know if you need more clarification.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Tool-Mastery-Email/ta-p/32129

Luke

ccano
8 - Asteroid

@LukeM  Thank you so much for helping me out with this! Works like a charm!!!  Happy Holidays!

Labels