Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Create summary of values changed

GoldenDesign04
8 - Asteroid

I have a google sheet tied to a google data studio visualization. I created a google form to allow for the people viewing the data to update it.

This creates another sheet that I use alteryx to overwrite the source document. Works very nicely for my needs.

Recently though I have had a request to put a "comment field" that allows for them to comment on issues and to allow for an automated row update of what was updated through the forms.

I basically need a workflow that looks at the google forms sheet, find which fields have been updated, concate the field names to a single cell, I can then add this as an output to the "comments" form (google sheet)

Examples as follows:

From the update data form:

TimestampEmail addressSite IDDMABusiness nameCompany TypeRentPhone
6/25/2020 5:46:09thisis@test.com0005 Bobs Carpet Mart $1500 
6/25/2020 6:46:09thisis@test.com0056114 Commercial  

Each row is an update to the data, not all fields are required for update and a workflow already takes care of adding the needed fields (from column 3 on)

The comment sheet needs to have:

TimeStampCommentsEmail addressSite ID
6/25/2020 5:46:09Business Name, Rentthisis@test.com0005
6/25/2020 6:46:09DMA, Company Typethisis@test.com0056

That way at a glance the team member can see when an update was done, by who, and what fields were updated

I've tried the summarize and concatenate blank fields, this works to show what is not blank over the whole data pull but doesn't separate each row just makes a count of each field.

1 REPLY 1
AbhilashR
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @GoldenDesign04, does the attached solution address your question?

AbhilashR_0-1593102956839.png

Let us know once you test this on your larger dataset and if it does what you need it to.

Labels