Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Create inDB Macros

FlorianTissen
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Community,

I was wondering if it is possible to create inDB macros that take inputs from an inDB tool and also output to an inDB tool. I found this checkbox in the meta info of macro workflows

FlorianTissen_0-1572940975373.png

I would assume this changes the green input anchors to blue but it doesnt so I wonder what this checkbox is doing as the documentation does not tell me any more about it.

A have a specific case: I want to create a dynamic rename of fields as the original field names in my database are not very meaningful and therefore further modelling is always related to looking up every single field each time I need to handle it. This will be a repetitive task on several tables / sources, so I wanted to apply a dynamic rename as the first step, but it needs to happen in DB.

I hope you guys can find a solution.

Florian

2 REPLIES 2
OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @FlorianTissen the macro input and outputs for In-DB macros, are found in the In-Database section of the tool palette

OllieClarke_0-1572954190836.png

FlorianTissen
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @OllieClarke,

These Tools were hidden in my view. Thank you for this hint! I made a good progress now.

Labels