Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Create a new column with date

chughes49
8 - Asteroid

I have several files and at the top they will have the date like this but each new file will only be of the same month

file 1-Jan

file 2-feb

etc

I am trying to create a new column for each file that pulls the correct date and drags down because I want to join all the files together but need to identify by date. THANKS!!

Capture11111.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

How are you bringing in the files?

You could create a new Date field using the formula tool (equal to column 1) -> parse it as a date -> and then use the multi-row tool to fill-down. If you provide a couple of the files (redacted if necessary) then I can show you an example.

P

chughes49
8 - Asteroid

It is coming in from an excel file. Here is a sample. I just need to have that one date pulled over to its own column and dragged down somehow. Thanks!

neilgallen
12 - Quasar

@chughes49 

The solution here is pretty simple, using a sample tool and append records tool!

append results.PNGworkflow append records.PNG

Labels