Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Create Collections without Alteryx Server license

NinjaDoree
7 - Meteor

Hello everyone,

I want to create collections into my app galery, but it does not work. I have alteryx designer license but not a server license. Can I still create collections without this license ?

Thank you for your help,

Have a nice day!

12 REPLIES 12
joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

You set up collections in the gallery. What is your role on the gallery? When you say it doesn't work, what actions are you taking that don't work? 

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks
NinjaDoree
7 - Meteor

Hello joshuaburkhow,

Thank you for answering quick.

I am a Premium Artisan on Alteryx Gallery. As you can see on the screen shot it's impossible to create a collection. Do you have any information about that ? (As I said before, I only have the Designer License)

Thank you ! 

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @NinjaDoree 

By default, users don't have permissions to create a collection on the server.  Contact your curator and tell them to do this

col.png 

Dan

NinjaDoree
7 - Meteor

Hi @danilang,

Thank you very much for answering.

My question is : Is it possible to create private collection without alteryx Server ? If possible, I will follow the steps you mentionned.

Thanks again and have a nice day,

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @NinjaDoree,

IF you have an alteryx server installed in your machine but without a license you won't be able to do anything. I don't know why would you like to create a collection on a place where you are not able to perform any task.

Regards

NinjaDoree
7 - Meteor

Hello @afv2688,

First, we are not in the community to make personal judgments about what is good or bad but to bring answers to the people who need them. Your message shows your lack of detachment from the issues.

That's why I think you don't understand mine. I have alteryx designer software on my desktop and the associated license. With this I can published my Alteryx App on Alteryx Private Studio. My question was : Can I create a space (collection) to share my app with my colleagues ? Without having Alteryx Server. As i said, the application is already on my studio in the alteryx cloud.

Regards,

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @NinjaDoree,

I am sorry you got the impression I was juging you. My question was only interest focused and nothing else. What you do and what you want to try out with your applications and licenses is not of my concern. I am not here to judge anyone.

What I wanted just to state is that I didn't know what you wanted to achieve by uploading your applications to a gallery which has no license, nothing else. Was curious about it and was not judging in any way.

Responding to your question, I am not sure. I have never tried to use a gallery with no license but I am almost certain that all the functionalities are block until a license is installed on the server.

Again, sorry you got the impression I was judging you, was just curious.

Regards

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @NinjaDoree 

I just tried to create a collection on the Alteryx gallery but received the same error message as you did.  I also hunted around to find out if was possible, but found nothing specifically related to the public gallery.  My test case may not be valid, though since my profile on the gallery says that I don't have a license, possibly because I have access through a corporate license.  @afv2688, can you please try the same and post your results.

Thanks

Dan 

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @danilang,

Running into the same issue. Also did some lookup before and couldn't find anything. Will do some further testing later on a VM

Regards

Labels