Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Create Ageing Bucket

Thankunu
6 - Meteoroid

Hi All,

I have a data set it comprises Purchase Order Number,  Purchase Order date, Purchase Amount etc. Now I have to Calculate the Ageing bucket and the amount into thouse Buckets. So I have to Create Such Fields Like-

1. (0-30) Days: Which is the day Differnt Between Today's Date And PO Date and PO Amount on those Buckets
  2. (31-60) Days: Which is the day Differnt Between Today's Date And PO Date and PO Amount on those Buckets

How I can do that? Can anybody guide me. I am atatching my data As well

9 REPLIES 9
Joe_Lipski
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Joe Lipski
Joe_Lipski
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hi @Thankunu you need to use a formula tool with the formula: DateTimeDiff(DATETIMENOW(), [PO Date],"day") to work out the differece between today's date and the PO date

You can then bucket these groups using different methods, i suggest looking at the Tile tool.

Once bucketed you can use the Summarize tool to calculate the value within each bucket.

Let me know if you need anymore help and I can attach a workflow.

Good luck,

Joe

Joe Lipski
danielbrun2
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi,

Joe beat me to it. I have attached a workflow, which I think is prettey close to what Joe suggested.

Best,

Daniel

Thankunu
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @

Joe_Lipski
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Exactly what I was thinking @danielbrun2

Joe Lipski
danielbrun2
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Good minds think alike @Joe_Lipski

Thankunu
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @joe_lipski, @danielbrun, I was looking for a solution like this in my attached sheet. Please find the atatched sheet for your reference. Here Input is the file which I will load in my workflow and Output sheet is my desired output.

Regards,

Rakesh Paul

danielbrun2
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

See attached. There are no orders in group 1 and 2 though.

Best regards,

Daniel

Thankunu
6 - Meteoroid

Bingo!, Thanks @danielbrun. It worked

Labels