Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Create Ageing Bucket

Thankunu
6 - Meteoroid

Hi All,

I have a data set it comprises Purchase Order Number,  Purchase Order date, Purchase Amount etc. Now I have to Calculate the Ageing bucket and the amount into thouse Buckets. So I have to Create Such Fields Like-

1. (0-30) Days: Which is the day Differnt Between Today's Date And PO Date and PO Amount on those Buckets
  2. (31-60) Days: Which is the day Differnt Between Today's Date And PO Date and PO Amount on those Buckets

How I can do that? Can anybody guide me. I am atatching my data As well

9 REPLIES 9
Joe_Lipski
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Joe Lipski
Joe_Lipski
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hi @Thankunu you need to use a formula tool with the formula: DateTimeDiff(DATETIMENOW(), [PO Date],"day") to work out the differece between today's date and the PO date

You can then bucket these groups using different methods, i suggest looking at the Tile tool.

Once bucketed you can use the Summarize tool to calculate the value within each bucket.

Let me know if you need anymore help and I can attach a workflow.

Good luck,

Joe

Joe Lipski
danielbrun2
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi,

Joe beat me to it. I have attached a workflow, which I think is prettey close to what Joe suggested.

Best,

Daniel

Thankunu
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @

Joe_Lipski
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Exactly what I was thinking @danielbrun2

Joe Lipski
danielbrun2
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Good minds think alike @Joe_Lipski

Thankunu
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @joe_lipski, @danielbrun, I was looking for a solution like this in my attached sheet. Please find the atatched sheet for your reference. Here Input is the file which I will load in my workflow and Output sheet is my desired output.

Regards,

Rakesh Paul

danielbrun2
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

See attached. There are no orders in group 1 and 2 though.

Best regards,

Daniel

Thankunu
6 - Meteoroid

Bingo!, Thanks @danielbrun. It worked

Labels