Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

=Countif

dmckee
7 - Meteor

I appreciate if this question has been asked before but I was wandering if I can get a little more in debt  solution,

1. I have a formula in excel =COUNTIFs(A:A,A3,B:B,B3,C:C,C3) which generates  new column with a result value and I want to apply the exact formula in Alteryx, Fairly new and I appreciate a some detail and steps

12 REPLIES 12
patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@dmckee You can have whatever data you want in columns A,B,C. I am assuming this is your input data in excel. Then you are calculating your countifs formula in Column D:

Capture.PNG

In the alteryx world, the latest workflow that I posted would take that same data in Columns A,B,C and calculate Column D:

Capture.PNG

Hopefully I've answered your original question ( COUNTIFS(A:A,A3,B:B,B3,C:C,C3) in excel has been replicated in Alteryx)

dmckee
7 - Meteor

Perfect I will start some test and thanks for your help it was great.

vaishalilambe17
8 - Asteroid

I have to take multiple column values and check if any value is >35 and then get the count. Like

A B C      count

0 36 40     2

Labels