Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Countif functionality across multiple fields

mschertz
5 - Atom

Hi - I am fairly new to Alteryx so I imaging the problem I am having below is fairly easy to solve, but don't seem to be having any luck with it.

Basically I have 3 risk categories with a "Low", "Medium" or "High" rating on them and want to be able to create summary data based on these risk buckets both by assets and different investor.

I have put a clip of the basic idea of what I am trying to do in excel below. Obviously I will expand this to further summarize by asset #, $'s invested, and a variety of other information, but I need to get over this hump first.

Thanks

mschertz_0-1585504081325.png

3 REPLIES 3
AbhilashR
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@mschertz - attached workflow is an attempt to implement your ask. I chose Summarize tool to count the risk types across a given investor, and used Crosstab tool to make output match your excel screenshot.

A similar approach should be applicable to the other metrics you are looking to compute.

grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @mschertz.

I think I got you!

grossal_0-1585507497568.png

Output:

grossal_1-1585507536979.png

Workflow attached. Let me know if it helps.

Best

Alex

mschertz
5 - Atom

Thank You both,

These both get me where I need to be and point me in the right direction of how to use the different functionality of some of these tools.

Thanks!

Labels