Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

CouchDB - Couchbase NoSQL database

Atabarezz
13 - Pulsar

Anyone tried connecting and utilizing a CouchDB NoSQL database?

http://www.couchbase.com/

7 REPLIES 7
KevinP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@Atabarezz CouchDB isn't currently tested or supported by Alteryx. You may be able to connect to it using a standard ODBC driver if one is provided by the DB vendor. However, we can't gaurantee it will connect properly, or function as expected. For a list of currently supported data sources including database platforms and file types please reference our help documents at the following links

Supported Data Platforms

Supported File Formats

NicolasFabre81
8 - Asteroid

And now ?

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Two ways to connect - 1) a generic ODBC driver if provided by CouchDB or a third party vendor (CDATA)  2) download tool via API.

PanPP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@NicolasFabre81 

If you download the ODBC driver, you can use the "Generic ODBC " option in the Input Tool to connect to the database.

You will need to configure a System or User DSN at the ODBC windows level prior to connecting in Alteryx.

You can also configure a DSN-Less connection string which then you won't need to configure a User or System DSN. 

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

@PanPP- The issue here is that CouchDB doesn't really support ODBC out of the box so any ODBC driver will be third party. Let me take a step back  - ODBC was not designed be compatible with NoSQL. NoSQL tends to use some Jsonesque format which is semi-structured or unstructured. ODBC tends to be designed for a structured database. I do not see how an ODBC driver would effectively work with a NoSQL source. These are best done via API - so you can buy a third party tool but it's probably not as useful as building an API and parsing json.

NicolasFabre81
8 - Asteroid

Unfortunately I did not find any free driver ... 

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

I would strongly recommend using the API.

Labels