Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Conv Errors when using CReW Macros Runner

abartoszek
7 - Meteor

I have a workflow that runs clean with no conversion errors, but when I use a CReW Macros Runner to run the workflow I always get the message " Runner (3) Tool #2: The field "Field_1" was truncated in record #4".  Has anyone seen this before?   I saw some suggestions about adding a Select tool and increasing field sizes, but that hasn't had any impact.  

12 REPLIES 12
WayneWooldridge
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @abartoszek,

Without really knowing what your data looks like, it appears your data may have a data type for field length problem. Take a look at the metadata of the first field in record four and see what it looks like.  If this doesn't resolve the issue, I suggest contacting Alteryx Customer Support at support@alteryx.com to have them take a closer look.  If can include a copy of your workflow and data in that email, that will really help them so they can help you.

pkkrish22
7 - Meteor

Hi @abartoszek,

did you get any solution for the issue you have mentioned, If yes please let me know what is the solution.

abartoszek
7 - Meteor

Unfortunately, I didn't have time to pursue it further.  It seems to not cause me any data issues as of yet, and it's only a warning so my job doesn't fail.  Sorry I couldn't be more help. : (

SCLB
6 - Meteoroid

I am getting the same error and have traced it to the Crew runner macro itself which is reading in an output file and trimming "Field_1". These conversion errors are stopping the runner working in the server, although it works on the desktop.

abartoszek
7 - Meteor

I did fix this a little while ago, but I kinda forgot where I repaired it.  I remember it had to do with editing the macro and changing the truncate limit in one of the tools...

Cointribe
5 - Atom

Hey,

The solution to this error is to set the limit on Conversion error greater than the number of errors your workflow is producing. You can find this under run-time tab in the designer window. I have attached the screenshot for your reference.

It worked for me.

Hope it helps.

Thanks

Parag

Cointribe
5 - Atom

Hey,

The solution to this error is to set the limit on Conversion error greater than the number of errors your workflow is producing. You can find this under run-time tab in the designer window. I have attached the screenshot for your reference.

It worked for me.

Hope it helps.

Thanks

Parag

HarikaAttipalli
5 - Atom

Hi 

Modifying field length in Run Command solves the issue. Crew Runner -> Run Command tool--> Read Results --> Input --> change the Field Length to some higher length which  you would think appropriate for your purpose( I set to 2000 ) ..by default it was set to 254. 

abartoszek
7 - Meteor

This worked!  Thanks!  ^_^

Labels