Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Conditional Delete/Replace

MNewt9
7 - Meteor

Hello Alteryx Community.

I have a workflow exporting to a database.  We have 4 week blocks of reporting instead of a calendar month. (Example 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4,  up to 13.4)  Each week of a block the current block is updated to include any new records. (i.e. beginning of 1.3 weeks 1.1 and 1.2 of the block are updated).  I'd like to think I could delete current database contents based on block starting with "1.".  To make it more complex once a new block is started the previous 3 blocks are updated in full.  (example.  It is now 6.1 so blocks 3 through 5 would be updated in their entirety)

Would this require me to have multiple workflows?  I've only been working in Alteryx since late December.  Learning as I go with virtually no training.  This will be the first WF I'll use to replace a legacy process.

Thanks for all who provide ideas.

1 REPLY 1
AbhilashR
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @MNewt9, you should be able to achieve the functionality with just one workflow I think. Depending on how you plan to setup this process:

• you could delete the historical blocks by writing some form of Pre-Create SQL Statement in the Output tool

or

• Include a timestamp each time you load data. When using it for reporting/analysis purposes, always look for records with Max datetime stamp. This way you maintain a history of what was loaded, and also have access to latest copy of data for reporting. 

Let us know if this is not what you are looking for.

Labels