Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Compare Columns and choose based on third

dlesny
8 - Asteroid

Hello.

I have teams inputing data files in SharePoint. They should only input one file per team but sometimes they have more and I would like to catch that and choose the newest one.

As in example below WildCats Team has 2 different "FileName" docs. I would want to disregard  "Assessment - WildCats.xlsx" becouse its "Date" is older.

DateTeamNameFileNameTag1Tag2Tag3
15/11/2018WildCatsAssessment - WildCats.xlsx[Null][Null][Null]
15/11/2018WildCatsAssessment - WildCats.xlsxPDM[Null][Null]
15/11/2018WildCatsAssessment - WildCats.xlsx[Null][Null]Dev
15/11/2018WildCatsAssessment - WildCats.xlsx[Null]Tech[Null]
20/05/2019WildCatsNEW Assessment - WildCats.xlsx[Null][Null][Null]
15/11/2018Onion TerrorAssessment - Onion Terror.xlsx[Null][Null][Null]
15/11/2018Running With ScisorsAssessment - Running With Scisors.xlsx[Null][Null][Null]
4 REPLIES 4
BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi @dlesny if you convert your date field to be a true date field (using the datetime tool); you can then sort by this date field, and then use the sample tool to select the 1st '1' record, grouping by team name, to return the latest file per team.

I think this is what you are looking for?

Ben

dlesny
8 - Asteroid

Hi  

Thank you for reply. I got the first step - I need to change the Date format, Thank you. But There will be many lines with the same TeamName for both Files. I need all the lines for the Newes date.

john_miller9
11 - Bolide

@dlesnyIf you need all of the records that match the last date for each team, just add a summarize tool to group by Team Name and Max of your new Date field and join back to the original data on Team Name and Max_Date = Date.

Compare Columns2.png

dlesny
8 - Asteroid

Awesome! Thank you @john_miller9

Labels