Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Comment Box Default Order

When you drag a comment box into a workflow it should sit underneath all other data tools by default.

Currently, the order of tools is set by the order of placement (that is, tools placed in the workflow first are placed below subsequently placed tools).

9 Comments
cgoodman3
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Definitely! Lots of organisations use comment boxes behind tools to give more information on what the workflow is doing (for example as described in this blog by @BenMoss). The comments tend to be written up afterwards so there's a lot of 'send to back' that needs to happen.

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Great idea

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Yes, this would be MOST helpful.  First thing I do is send it to the back.

Joe_Lipski
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

100% This would save lots of right click -> send to back!

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Just now stumbling upon this idea, and I totally agree! 

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Does anyone else find that comment boxes somehow make their way to the front the next time you open a workflow even if you saved it after sending them to the back or just me?

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Not quite; if I save a workflow with it in back, it opens up still in back.  What does happen to me often though is if I move a tool within a "back" comment box, once it's done being moved, the comment box jumps to the front.

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Maybe because mine is in a tool container, it causes funny things?

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes