Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Combine the Container and Comment Tools

When I use the Comment Tool its difficult to select the tools inside it, but when I use the Container Tool the Container Text doesn't support Font Sizes, and doesn't support multiple lines of text so I end up moving the Comment into the Container, but still have problems selecting a group of tools.

So a combined Comment and Container Tools would be wonderful!

Bonus: If the Comment Tool could support Multiple Font Sizes.

Combined Tools.png

8 Comments
levell_x_dunn
10 - Fireball

Sounds good to me :)

dennis_m_o_neill
5 - Atom

Your idea gave me the idea to put a comment inside a container.  I like it.

The comment can be sent to the back inside the container.
I haven't noticed that it interferes with the tools in the container.

chrisjb69
5 - Atom

Yeah, this is a great idea.  Would be a real time saver.

mdunton
5 - Atom

I  like this idea. It would make documenting the container and the workflow so much easier!

darryl5280
10 - Fireball

With the Combined tool make sure the a Header and Footer comment section be available, and user Selectable columns to place any other comments inside the Container.

Header and Footer Comments.png

ASmith1111
5 - Atom

Yes! This actually crossed my mind today. Thank you for sharing!

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Not Planned

Thank you for posting to the Alteryx Community! Your idea is interesting to us, however we have determined that we are unable to place this idea on our road map for the product. This is due to several factors, however should we be able to return to your idea in the future we will update the status back to Under Review.

ykg3mp
5 - Atom

Oh cool - dragging the comment into the container lets it be part of the container.