Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Coloured connectors between tools

Exactly as the subject says: It would be incredibly useful to be able to change the colour, and possibly the line thickness of the connectors between tools.

We have workflows with huge amounts of stuff going on, as I'm sure many people do.

Being able to colour code the connections between tools would help us to trace things from place to place when stepping through the workflow.

4 Comments
KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Thank you for your feedback! I've added a few extra labels to this idea to insure all the correct product teams see it. If you haven't yet please be sure to check out our Submission Guidelines which go over the idea boards in a bit greater detail.

paulfound
11 - Bolide

This would be a great enchantment to designer. Could I also suggest simple conditional formatting to the line format also?

If 0 records change downstream to RED. 

BradleyT
5 - Atom

I suggest allow a "waypoint" to be created in the middle of a connecting line to split it into 2 lines (source tool to waypoint and waypoint to target tool) and then the user can drag that waypoint to a different more suitable place on the model as required.  Then allow the user to create a new waypoint on either of the 2 new lines etc etc.  This way ultimate flow would be from source tool --> waypoint 1 --> waypoint 2 --> .... --> waypoint  x  --> target tool.  Waypoints shouldn't impact data flows and should only be for presentation purposes.  

If it is easier maybe just create a "waypoint tool" that users can drag onto the workspace that have an input and output but no impact on the data.  We can just use a Select tool today but this is always a left to right tool so tends to make the workspace more cluttered not less.  The waypoints suggested above should ideally not have a direction so they can be used in the middle of a connecting line that is going from right to left - so possibly just a small circle would work best

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes