Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Clean up names in a Position Hierarchy table that is by location

ISUGraber
8 - Asteroid

Hello all,

This link is close to what i have but I can't seem to get it to the final bit.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Can-I-make-a-fuzzy-join-on-two-data-so...

So I have a table that is by locations and then it also has the VP, Director, Manager, and Supervisor in it as hierarchies.  The issue I have is people have entered their names in different ways.  IE:  John Smith, John T. Smith.  

Is there a way I can clean this up so that each field has the same name for the same person?  I attempted to do this with fuzzy match on location codes but it quickly grew to be way too big and slow.

Table is like this:

LocationVPDirectorManagerSupervisor
AJohn SmithHomer SimpsonBilly BobJim Bob
BJohn T SmithHomer P SimpsonBilly J bobJim T Bob
CJohn SmithHomer SimpsonBilly J BobJim T Bob
DJohn T SmithHomer SimpsonBilly BobJim Bob

I would like it to pick one name IE:  John Smith and show that for all locations for VP, and the same for the other positions.

2 REPLIES 2
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @ISUGraber ,

Attached is an example showing how to configure it. I'm using a 80% threshold, but as your data grow, you need to check if 80% matchscore guarantees properly matches.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

ISUGraber
8 - Asteroid

I want to say thank you for the extremely quick response.  That was exactly what I needed.  

Labels