Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Changing name of Gallery in Designer

RodLight
8 - Asteroid

Is there a way to change the "My Company's Gallery" identifier under File>Save. I have a situation where a Designer has access to two different Gallery's and would like to title them differently...they both say "My Company's Gallery" (although the URL is different of course). 

3 REPLIES 3
VianneyM
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @RodLight,

Yes you can do that easily within the gallery Admin (you might need help from your Gallery administrator in case you don't have admin access) 

Go to Theme > Gallery Name

Change there the name and save

VianneyM_0-1585131709852.png

Now your Designer will see the new name when you save workflows to the gallery. 

I also recommend to direct these type of questions to Server Discussions. There you will get a faster answer because this is a server related topic. https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Server-Discussions/bd-p/server-discussions

Let me know if that helps

Best,

Vianney

Best,
Vianney
VianneyM
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @RodLight,

I almost forgot. You need to remove the gallery from the Designer first for the changes to take effect. 

Save as > Private Gallery > "Select gallery to be erased" > Select: Settings > Remove Gallery

VianneyM_0-1585133046637.png

Add again the gallery, once you do that you will see the gallery renamed

VianneyM_2-1585133148337.png

I hope this helps

Best,

Vianney

Best,
Vianney
RodLight
8 - Asteroid

Thanks, @VianneyM 

I had forgotten about the name being on the theme page!

And I posted to the Designer side as it affected the user from the Designer, but yes, posting to the Server side makes sense. 😉

Labels