Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Changing field in Formula using App

cwoo
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I am developing an Analytic App have a question. 

I have a massive file with 10+ quarter data. I am trying to use the List Box tool to pick two quarters that I am interested in, assign the first quarter as previous quarter and the other as current quarter, and break out financial metrics by these two quarters by creating new columns (i.e. there will be PQ Revenue, CQ Revenue, PQ COGS, CQ COGS columns). Currently, I have hard-coded the quarter names into a formula to break out these metrics, but I want these quarter names to change based on the quarters selected from the List Box tool in the app. 

Attached is the simplified version of my workflow - can someone please provide a solution? 

Thanks! 

3 REPLIES 3
cwoo
8 - Asteroid

If anyone can please help with this issue, I would really appreciate it. 

Thanks

MikeSp
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @cwoo,

Since I didn't have your data available, I chopped up the workflow to only show the relevant parts and created some dummy data, so hopefully this helps! I added some annotations to the tools I made slight modifications to (Formula and Action tools). You were very close!

Mike Spoula
Senior Solutions Architect
Alteryx
cwoo
8 - Asteroid

Thanks, MikeSp. Appreciate your help!

Labels