Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Change the configuration in a wireless connection

Diemm
8 - Asteroid

Hey guys, does anybody knows how can i change the name or some configuration from a wireless connection (i mean rename the connection i.e. instead of the connection name was "#1" rename it to "Player" or somethign else?

That would be really helpful.

4 REPLIES 4
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Diemm if you click on the connection you can rename it a connection configuration window should appear.

Connection_141119.PNG

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Diemm ,

You need to rename the connection first and then change it to a wireless connection as images above.

fmvizcaino_1-1573758337490.png

fmvizcaino_0-1573758320838.png

Let me know if this works for you.

Best,

Fernando V.

Diemm
8 - Asteroid

@fmvizcaino

Thank you for the tip, that it is what I always do, first rename the connection and then change it to wireless connection, however i just wanted to know if once that it has been turned into a wireless connection is it possible to rename it. But I guess I would have to make the connection wired first, then rename it and after re-make them wireless again.

Diemm
8 - Asteroid

Thank you @Joseph Serpis.

Labels