Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Calgary Input - Add to Default Data File Pull Down Choices

I would like to be able to add an in-house built Calgary db to the list of data sources in the pull down on the Calgary Input tool. A customer database, for example.

In the picture you can see the Kalibrate Technologies Traffic Counts and TomTom US Address Points in the pull down. I would like to add my own Calgary db to the list of choices.

clipboard_image_3.png

3 Comments
Hugo
9 - Comet

I like this idea! You'd have to set the calgary DB location in the setting pane or somewhere but would be very useful for specific projects

blyons
11 - Bolide

I was just poking around with this and found that it is actually relatively easy to add your own database to the list:

blyons_0-1661797901934.png

All I did was copy one of the .ini files in C:\ProgramData\Alteryx\DataProducts\DataSets\Calgary to my own .ini file named "My_Custom_Calgary_db.ini' in the same folder, and changed the settings to give it a name and point to my Calgary database: 

blyons_3-1661798376982.png

You need to close and reopen Designer in order for this to be visible in the drop-down.

I hope that helps!

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes